HIV treatment in Finland


How does a person living with HIV moving from abroad get treatment in Finland?

To get treatment one needs a resident permit that includes the right to heath care. A referral from a Finnish doctor is needed for the infectious diseases hospital for HIV treatment. It is also possible to get the referral from Hivpoint's office in Helsinki, Tampere or Oulu. Hivpoint p. 0207 465 705 (mon-thu from 10am to 3.30pm). HIV treatment takes place in university and central hospitals.

See related questions