HIV treatment and temporary resident permit


Hi, is HIV treatment including the medication free of charge at public healthcare for temporary resident (resident living in Finland with type B resident permit) who doesn’t have Kela card? If it is not free, how much one have to pay for a month of treatment?

Hi! If one has resident permit B it doesn't automatically include HIV treatment. To get HIV treatment in private health care isĀ  expensive. The medication costs from few hundred euros to thousand euros per month and labs are hundreds of euros per year. If you are HIV positive and don't have a national health insurance card (KELA card) it is possible to get free treatment and medication but not automatically. Hivpoint can help in this kind of situation and help find out different possibilities. Our phone number is 0207 465 705 (Monday to Thursday from 10am to 3pm)

See related questions