The Checkpoint Express clinic is an STI testing and counselling service for gay, bi and other men who have sex with men. The clinic is a pilot, where we test how to provide low threshold sexual health services in the future.Clinic service has been popular and there might be short waiting time when coming to clinic.
Next clinic is:
- Clinic is on summer break. Next clinic after summer holidays will we end of August or beginning of September. Info about next clinic day comes before mid August.
Address: Hivpoint, Unioninkatu 45 K, Helsinki
Some info about the clinic:
– The clinic is only for sexually active men who have sex with men.
– Free of charge.
– The clinic is primarily for guys who are at risk for STIs and don’t have symptoms. If you have symptoms of STIs you should see a doctor who can make a decision to start treatment already based on your symptoms.
– There is HIV test available at the clinic, if needed (blood test). You can also get tested for Hepatitis C (blood test) if you are at risk for Hepatitis C (oral sex is not a risk for hepatitis C).
– Chlamydia and gonorrhea samples are taken from urine, throat and anus.
– The syphilis test is a blood test.
– Syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV (and Hep C) samples are sent to a laboratory and we will call clients after a few days to a week with any positive results.
– We are not contacting clients if all test results are negative, so if you have not heard from us in a week, your test results were all negative.
– All clients with positive results will be referred for treatment.
– Remember not to urinate at least 1 hour before giving the urine sample!
– Chlamydia and gonorrhea tests cannot be taken if you are taking antibiotics. The tests can be taken a week after antibiotic treatment.
– You have to show your identity card (for the laboratory system).
– You don’t need a Finnish social security number or residence permit in Finland to use the clinic service. Also visitors can use the clinic.
– All client information is confidential and kept secret.
– For your own benefit, we inform positive chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis test results to health care providers so that you can get the best possible treatment.
Welcome to the Clinic 🙂