The Checkpoint Express clinic is an STI testing and counselling service for gay, bi and other men who have sex with men. The clinic is a pilot, where we test how to provide low threshold sexual health services in the future.
– STI testing clinic services continue soon. After preparation and planning period, we’ll have first clinic Wed 14th of March from 5pm to 8 pm. @Hivpoint, Unioninkatu 45 K, Helsinki
Some info about the clinic:
– The clinic is only for men who have sex with men.
– Free of charge.
– The clinic is primarily for guys who are at risk for STIs and don’t yet have symptoms. If you have symptoms of STIs you should see a doctor who can make a decision to start treatment already based on your symptoms.
– There is HIV rapid testing available at the clinic, if needed. You can also get tested for Hepatitis C using a rapid test if you are at risk for Hepatitis C (oral sex is not a risk for hepatitis C).
– Chlamydia and gonorrhea samples are taken from urine, throat and anus.
– The syphilis test is a blood test.
– Syphilis, chlamydia and gonorrhea samples are sent to a laboratory and we will call clients after a few days to a week with any positive results.
– We are not contacting clients if all test results are negative, so if you have not heard from us in a week, your test results were all negative.
– All clients with positive results will be referred for treatment.
– Remember not to urinate 2 hours before giving the urine sample!
– Chlamydia and gonorrhea tests cannot be taken if you are taking antibiotics. The tests can be taken a week after antibiotic treatment.
– You have to show your identity card (for the laboratory system).
– You don’t need a Finnish social security number or residence permit in Finland to use the clinic service. Also visitors can use the clinic.
– All client information is confidential and kept secret.
– For your own benefit, we inform positive chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis test results to health care providers so that you can get the best possible treatment.
Welcome to the Clinic 🙂